The best place to install a thermostat is on an interior wall of your home. If you install your thermostat on an exterior wall, the thermostat’s internal thermometer might be influenced by the temperature outside, which can cause your HVAC system to run unnecessarily.
- ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat for home that helps you save energy and stay comfortable
- The Nest Thermostat is designed to work without a C wire in most homes, but for some systems, including heating only, cooling only, zone controlled, and heat pump systems, you’ll need a C wire or other compatible power accessory
- Nest Thermostat turns itself down when you leave, so you don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home
- Programmable thermostat that lets you create an energy efficient schedule in the Google Home app on your Android or iPhone
- Remote control lets family members change the thermostat temperature from anywhere on a phone, laptop, or tablet
- Savings Finder looks for more ways your thermostat can help you save, and suggests tweaks to your schedule in the app; check with your energy provider to learn more about rebates and more ways to save on a Nest thermostat
- Smart thermostat with HVAC monitoring, which looks out for your heating and cooling systems; sends an alert if something doesn’t seem right, along with helpful reminders to make maintenance easier